Hi Chuck,

The command does work on 2500's, I used IOS 12.2(13)T. I did a clear ip
bgp when using the command.

bb#sh ver
IOS (tm) 2500 Software (C2500-IS-L), Version 12.2(13)T,  RELEASE
SOFTWARE (fc1)
TAC Support: http://www.cisco.com/tac
Compiled Sat 16-Nov-02 07:47 by ccai
Image text-base: 0x0307A6E8, data-base: 0x00001000

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 5.2(8a), RELEASE SOFTWARE
BOOTLDR: 3000 Bootstrap Software (IGS-RXBOOT), Version 10.2(8a), RELEASE
SOFTWARE (fc1)

bb uptime is 15 hours, 0 minutes
System returned to ROM by power-on
System image file is "flash:/c2500-is-l.122-13.T"

cisco 2511 (68030) processor (revision L) with 14336K/2048K bytes of
memory.
Processor board ID 02361575, with hardware revision 00000000
Bridging software.
X.25 software, Version 3.0.0.
1 Ethernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)
2 Serial network interface(s)
16 terminal line(s)
16384K bytes of processor board System flash (Read ONLY)

Cheers,

Willy