the rules of this particular lab exercise is that synchronization MUST be
enabled.  Thus the route has to be in the IGP in order for iBGP to use it.

What equipment are you using? What IOS?

I'm using 12.1.5T10 and 12.2.12a - IP Plus versions on 25xx routers.

Yes, "subnets" is in the command line.

Again, the "book" answer is to place the route in question into the OSPF
process using the  network statement.

If I use "no synch" on the various routers I can accomplish the task as
well.

I suspect this is an IOS/equipment issue

Yep - if I try this on one of my 26xx's it works just fine.

Thanks to all who responded.

Does not bode well for future CCIE Lab prep.

--
TANSTAAFL
"there ain't no such thing as a free lunch"

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]