I recently did some work in Wichita, Kansas.  This tech at an Insurance
company went and bought some gear from his buddy that works at a reseller.
When he got the gear he asked his reseller buddy if he knew if anyone could
install it for him.  The reseller calls up Ingram Micro, from who he
purchased, and asked them if they had anybody.  Their reply was that you
need a CCIE to do that.  Reseller guy calls up WSU, which has a CCIE lab,
and speaks to someone there that says they can do it.  However, they never
called him back.  Reseller guy knows my brother and my brother told him that
I could do it, but I was not a CCIE.  Your probably wondering what was this
mysterious work to be done?  They had a 2620 with a fe int and a serial
int.  They wanted to add a third interface for a dmz, use the IOS firewall
and setup a remote VPN.  Of course he didn't have enough flash or memory or
the right IOS.  The moral of the story is that I charged him $125 an hour to
get him setup.  He was more than happy to pay it because they couldn't find
anybody in the area that could do it.  I live in Kansas City, so it's a 3
hour drive down there.  I would think that in the larger cities your going
to have that competition that is going to drive rates down.  But a place
like Wichita, you can still demand a decent rate$