Hi Benny,

Please describe your configuration, how you are running freshclam and in what
environment.

To my knowledge, if you are on cooldown frequently, that means you're
downloading the whole database set frequently instead of updating an existing
database set. Updating an existing database should download small .cdiff patch
files instead, which are not rate limited and will not put you on cooldown.

-Micah