On Sunday 17 of August 2003 22:29, Tomasz Kojm wrote:
> > - if we want to scan few files we need to connect to reconnect to
> > command connection every time, too - why? Why no multiple STREAM
> > commands allowed?
>
> Do you mean STREAM should support an optional argument for a number of
> sockets clamd should start waiting on ? No problem.
I was thinking about something other... don't disconnect after returning
stream: OK/OTHER_MESSAGE and allow to send another STREAM request. In this
way I wouldn't need to reconnect every time if I want to scan few files.

> > - data port is random so I need to open all ports on my firewall which
> > is very
>
> This problem has been already reported a few days ago. The port number
> range will be configurable in clamav.conf.
btw. does clamd checking whether data connection comes from the same IP as
command connection?

> > clamscan btw. is missing STREAM mode for multiple files when scanning.
> > With
>
> clamscan doesn't connect to clamd at all.
Unfortunately :-( Also clam libraries don't have any network support which
also would be useful. It would be really great to just specify
clamscan ---remote-host=x.y.z.q:2145 /some/directory :)

> clamdscan uses STREAM while
> reading from a standard input, but this is not yet fully implemented.
> clamdscan will support "remote scanning" (with something like
> "--remote-host" option)  soon.
Great.

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz    CS at FoE, Wroclaw University of Technology
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   AM2-6BONE, 1024/3DB19BBD, arekm(at)ircnet, PLD/Linux