* Jesse Guardiani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [20030909 22:43]: wrote:
> > Tomasz,
> >
> > Are you recommending that we run the CVS version in production? That is
> > the only sure way I see of stress-testing it ;)))
>
> You could use your imagination and toss any viruses found on the production server
> (or all incoming emails, for that matter) through to a test box running ClamAV from
> CVS. Might put a bit more load on the production server, but it shouldn't break
> it's back, unless it's already struggling.

Hi Jesse et al,

I have now compiled the clamav-devel-20030909 with the following options on a test
box:

--enable-debug --enable-bigstack.

It's running on 62.8.6.13 (212.49.74.102) with Exim and exiscan. To get more load
and maybe good output, I'd request anyone willing to participate in the test with
me to redirect any infected mail to this box by rewriting the final recipient.

What I have done, using exiscan, is to stick a header in the infected e-mail, then
route it to the test box. On the test box, A FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE running the
clamav-devel+exiscan+Exim, I am freezing all the infected mail.

Guys running Exiscan+Exim can participate by using a redirect router that routes
the mail to my test box, using [EMAIL PROTECTED], so we can kill clamd and
get some useful output for Tomasz. A 451 message from this host would likely
suggest that clamd might be dead, so we should watch our logs for those who have
the time. For me clamav is the only AV I use so I have the time by default ;)

Thanks

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  "The box said 'Requires
Wananchi Online Ltd.  www.wananchi.com      Windows 95, NT, or better,'

"Power corrupts.  Absolute power is kind of neat"
                -- John Lehman, Secretary of the Navy 1981-1987