On Wednesday 05 November 2003 3:40 pm, Lars Hansson wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 18:59, Tomasz Papszun wrote:
> > Well, not exactly. We (the database developers) do _not_ give viruses
> > to anyone who would want them. It's just too dangerous contents.
>
> Hmm..I thought he was talking about the signatures not the actual
> viruses themselves.

I don't think people talk about "trading" signatures, and I don't think
anyone capable of producing useful signatures would express the opinions put
forward by Mark.   They would simply contribute the signatures to the Open
Source community in same the spirit as ClamAV itself, in exchange for all the
signatures other people have already produced.

Antony.

--

Behind the counter a boy with a shaven head stared vacantly into space,
a dozen spikes of microsoft protruding from the socket behind his ear.

 - William Gibson, Neuromancer (1984)
                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.