> What version are you running?

ClamAV 0.65

> A number of people have reported this issue and it has
> resulted in scripts being written that check the status of
> clamd periodically and restart it.

I heard about that, but I was asking about doing this remotely, since spamd
itself is actually still responding.

> But, perhaps it's just me, but I don't quite understand why
> people are writing such scripts instead of spending their
> effort actually trying to fix the problem.
>
> So, instead of killing it, why aren't people attaching gdb to
> the running process and providing a backtrace? Has this been
> found to not work for some reason?

Maybe there are not that many experienced people out there who know how to
use gdb? Not everyone using Linux is a developer... And besides, ClamAV 0.65
is called "stable". I am not a beta tester, I am using it in a productive
environment.

However, if you tell me exactly (step by step) what I have to do to give you
more information, I will try my best. I am very happy with ClamAV so far and
I want to support it.

Regards,
Phil.