OK, clamd already crashed once again, and now I was trying to follow your
guide...

> (I'm going to assume you're clamd is multithreaded. If not
> just do steps 1-3 followed by the command 'bt').

I think so, how can I tell?

> This may, or may not, provide some useful information.
>
> 1. Use 'ps' to get the PID of clamd:
>       ps -aux (or ps -elf on SysV)

I found three PIDs matching "clamd".

> clamav   24897  0.0  1.9 38032 10068 ?       S    Jan13
> 0:00 lt-clamd
>           ^---- pid
>
> 2. Attach gdb to the running process
>       gdb /usr/local/bin/clamd 24897
>             ^--- path to         ^--- process id, from above
>             clamd binary

clamd resides in /usr/local/sbin/clamd, when I am starting up gdb with this
path and the PID, it says "Attaching to..." and freezes...

> 3. you should now get the gdb prompt, as:  (gdb)

Unfortunately, this never happens. I tried all the three different PIDs...

When I kill the three PIDs, gdb exits too... And I can restart clamd and
it's working again...

What should I do now?

Regards,
Phil.