On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 06:48:56PM +0000, Antony Stone wrote:
> No - the quotes would simply be before and after the detected string, making
> no difference to the string being detected or not.   You need to make some
> change *within* the string - such as Jim Mercer's excellent example of using
> a sed substitution to recreate the trigger string from a suitably neutered
> version of it.   (If you don't know sed or understand the substitution
> example he posted, just try something like I did - put *each* word within
> quotes, so that the composite string still doesn't quite match, but is clear
> to anyone who reads it.   I prefer Jim's method, however.)

heh.  if only i can figure out how to quote things to get around my
spamassassin rules, but i'm thinking that would be counter-intuative.

in any case, is someone looking into this example where pure text in the
middle of a message is kicking off a hit?

--
[ Jim Mercer        [EMAIL PROTECTED]         +1 416 410-5633 ]
[          I want to live forever, or die trying.            ]