On Wednesday 14 April 2004 4:21 pm, B. van Ouwerkerk wrote:

> At 17:01 14-04-2004 +0300, you wrote:
> >May I propose a separate mailing list for milter users? There seems to
> >be alot of discussions about milter (now I even know it's some form of
> >sendmail plugin) that warrants this.
> >Some of us use Exiscan and we find milter quite a 'strange' idea ;-))
> >The list could be named clamav-milter-users.
> >I believe the usage of ClamAv has grown to an extent that this now
> >warranted.
>
> I have seen lists split up in the past.. like the PHP lists. The results of
> this:
> - cross posting
> - questions send to the wrong list

I think both of these examples are things which would be improved by having
two lists.   At the moment it's as though we do have two lists, except
they're not separated, so for many people questions about milters are already
being sent to the wrong list in effect, and cross-posting should only occur
in the case of "I have this problem and it might be the milter or it might
not", which again we are seeing already, and the number of such messages
which any subscriber to only the "non-milter" list would see in future will
be less.

Regards,

Antony.

--
These clients are often infected by viruses or other malware and need to be
fixed.  If not, the user at that client needs to be fixed...

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.