On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 17:01:15 +0300, Odhiambo Washington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>May I propose a separate mailing list for milter users? There seems to
>be alot of discussions about milter (now I even know it's some form of
>sendmail plugin) that warrants this.
>Some of us use Exiscan and we find milter quite a 'strange' idea ;-))
>The list could be named clamav-milter-users.
>I believe the usage of ClamAv has grown to an extent that this now
>warranted.

I'm against it.   Often, the issue is the interaction with clamd and the
milter.  Even if you're not using the milter, there might be something to be
learned about clamd or something you can contribute.  The volume of messages
is not so great as to make it difficult to mentally filter out messages that
you don't have time to read. In addition, it will lead to the inevitable "take
it to the other list" threads, that tend to result in the sort of negativity
that makes some other mailing lists less useful.

(FWIW, I use Agent to read the list. It lets me treat the list like a
newsgroup, and like any newsgroup there are degrees of relevance for any
message with what interests me today.)
--
   Steve