On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 08:38:57AM +0100, Trog wrote:
> A few people (out of the thousands who run ClamAV) have reported "memory
> leaks" in stable versions of clamd.
>
> However, none of those people have submitted a report from a memory
> debugging tool to show where the leak occurs on their systems, despite
> being asked to by the development team. None of the development team
> have seen such a leak.

I tried to help out with valgrind as you suggested - but within 10 mins it
took 1.5Gb of RAM on my workstation (I wasn't going to put it up on
production now was I? :-) and - well - I turned it off. I really don't have
the equipment to handle running 1.5Gb debugging processes...

> Until one of the people complaining produces a useful report, nothing
> can be done. It is just as likely a leak in a system library than in
> clamd.

Could be: but I've seen it on Rh8 and Fedora-Core2 - quite different Linux
systems as far as libraries/etc go.

I hope someone else can help out - there is a problem that needs solving
there.

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417