Trog wrote:

On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 06:30, Meni Shapiro wrote:

Clamd works great for lots of people, but some have reported memory leaks on latest stable (0.75.1),
which could cause your system to be "out of memory".

A few people (out of the thousands who run ClamAV) have reported "memory
leaks" in stable versions of clamd.

Yes, I was one of them :)

However, none of those people have submitted a report from a memory
debugging tool to show where the leak occurs on their systems, despite
being asked to by the development team. None of the development team
have seen such a leak.

True. I tried the memory detector you suggested (dmalloc and mpatrol),
it didn't work on clamd (Solaris/Sparc).
Perhaps there are some required compiling skill that I don't have ....

Until one of the people complaining produces a useful report, nothing
can be done. It is just as likely a leak in a system library than in
clamd.

I agree.
Still, the problem is there.
If there is anything I can run on my system to help diagnose this leak, I'd gladly do it.
Provided that it is "easy enough" to install (as easy as installing php, apache, or clamav).
dmalloc and mpatrol apparently does not fall on this category, and since valgrind only works
on Linux I can't use it on Solaris/sparc,

If you need access to a server which experience this "leak", I can provide it.
(normal, non-root account).

Regards,

Fajar