Hi,

---- Wiadomość Oryginalna ----
Od: Tomasz Kojm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Do: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Data: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 13:07:02 +0200
Temat: Re: [Clamav-users] Windows port ?

>On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 12:40:52 +0200
><a target='_blank' href="/?cmd=napisz&[EMAIL PROTECTED]">[EMAIL PROTECTED]</a> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there any reason why Windows port of clamav exists only based on
>> cygwi= n ?=20
>
>The reason is ClamAV is a native UNIX application, designed for e-mail
>scanning on mail gateways.

Looks like You don't want to compete with Windows Antivirus programs ;-) This would be
bad becouse I found mingw native windows port not very complicated.

By the way - I checked some Backdoor (about 173 I have till now) and results are :

Panda Antivirus : 164/173 identified
ClamAV CVS version: 58/173 identified

Sadly to say there is a long way ahead :-( (or maybe ClamAV is not against Backdoors ?)

Boguslaw Brandys