On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 12:10:28 -0600, Dan Bongert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> So, I've been using ClamAV quite successfully since the days of .66,
> and I've got a new problem. A user of mine is sending out a large (but
> not humongous - ~500kb) that is filled with lots of equations and other
> complicated stuff from Outlook (though
> there are problems with other mailers too).
>
> What's happening is this: user sends email, and while the connection is
> still open, sendmail passes the message via milter to Clam, which scans
> it for viruses. A minute and a half later, Clam has decided that the
> email is virus-free,  sendmail sends a "250 Message accepted for
> delivery", and the message is sent.

What sort of hardware have you got and what sort of load is it under?

On my largely idle 1 GHz box with 512 MB of RAM I see a ~550 KB PDF
file scanned (through MIMEDefang) by both ClamAV and F-Prot in about 2
seconds.  I haven't seen anything take longer than 10 seconds, even
with SpamAssassin.

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.
Rob MacGregor