Hi,

What are the benefits of using 3rd party software like Mailscanner, Mimedefang
and
many others with clamav? Why do people use when it can be done simply with
clamav-milter and spamassassin.

Regards
Nabin Limbu

On 22 Mar 2005 at 11:51, Matt Fretwell wrote:

Nabin Limbu wrote:

> Sendmail + Clamav with milter + MailScanner + Spamassassin
>
> Is the above combination correct to fullfill my objective?
>
> Now, I'm confused why I should use MailScanner. MailScanner also
> claims that it is an antivirus program and spam blocker. If so, why
> do I require clamav and spamassassin?

 You do not need Mailscanner if you are using the milter. Mailscanner
 is a
processing programme that calls the restective programmes, i.e:
clamav, spamassassin.

 Read the documentation on clamav.net, not some howto.

Matt