Matt Fretwell said:
> Dennis Peterson wrote:
>
>> Here's how it works, Matt - if you have a dynamic IP, even one that has
>> a long life time, other people will still block mail from your IP block.
>> That seldom happens if you have a true fixed IP, all other things being
>> equal. And you know what? You have no say in it. It is out of your
>> control. And if the number of Windows drones continues to grow at the
>> current rate you can expect to be blocked pretty damn soon as there's
>> just about nothing else left to do. And I'm ok with that.
>

>  Just for later 'discussion' purposes, as your headers for this mail will
> prove, I am on a static IP range.

I'm using "you" in the generic sense for discussion. Not refering to you,
Matt. I could have been more clear on that.

>  I am not in the same boat as John, but I still would not dream of
> penalising without a proven, (with regards to what my own logs say),
> reason. The really annoying thing is, it is easy to set up an automated
> system to add offending IP's or IP blocks to your own local rbl's, so any
> IP, whether it be dynamic or static has a one shot chance. There is no
> need to block outright from the outset.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm getting slammed from comcast.net from relays
all over the US. It is far easier to block by obvious dsl/cable host
identifiers than to spend hours trying to figure out what /24 IP ranges to
tweek. I see the problem as comcasts, not mine. Your milage may vary - I
know mine did.

dp