On Sun, Dec 18, 2005 at 08:15:37PM -0800, Jeremy Kitchen wrote:
> it clearly is harmful.  the mistaken email (which, I have decreed,
> would have been avoided had the user not top-posted) spent
> approximately 25MB of the list server's bandwidth (assuming there
> are about 5k subscribers to the list)

Compare it to the size of the thread that resulted, including your
message above, and my message here. Then compare it to the size of
the message, had it not been top posted, and yet quoted the correct
text.

> I am a firm believer in that all of the world's (and the internet's)
> problems can be solved by education.  Sure, I could let you shoot
> yourself in the foot, but that bullet might ricochet and hit me, so
> it's in my best interests to pull the gun out of your hand.

In this case, nobody is being killed, and a small hill has been turned
into a volcano.

Great job. The world is a better place now, with all the education
being passed around in an encouraging and constructive fashion.

Cheers,
mark

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / [EMAIL PROTECTED] / [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                       and in the darkness bind them...

                           http://mark.mielke.cc/