[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 12:08:14AM +0000, Stephen Gran wrote:
I'm glad you have your opinion.  The opinions of those who admin the
list happen to coincide with mine, and we both disagree with you.  You
don't mind if we don't give out free support when you deliberately
contravene the policy of the list, right?  Then no problem - post
however you like.

I can't speak for others on this list, but I get hundreds or thousands
of emails a day to wade through, and frankly top-posting to mailing
lists and silly banners just makes me hit the delete key before even
reading the email.  Sorry if that upsets you, but it significantly
improves the signal to noise ratio in my email experience.

It doesn't upset me at all. :-)

What upsets me, is when, on mailing lists everywhere, a few people
turn 'top post' instances into flame wars. Is it really that hard to
ignore it? Do people really need to be flamed for something so minor?

It is needed. The main reason for people complaining about top-posting
is that people tend to read from top to bottom. Its difficult having
to start reading mails from bottom upwards, hence, replies should go
at the bottom so that you can follow the text/conversation trail. For
those people who spend hours trawling through newsgroup postings, top-
posting is a nightmare.

Cami