[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
At 10:16 PM 3/27/2006, you wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
At 07:20 PM 3/27/2006, you wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
At 11:24 AM 3/27/2006, René Berber wrote:
Like Andy and the citrus site says:

"The following binary packages of ClamAV are for Solaris 9 SPARC 64-bit."

So, don't install those on Solaris 10.
solaris 9 binaries will run just fine on solaris 10. i have binaries going back to solaris 2.5.1 that run fine on solaris 10.
backwards compatibility has always existed on the sparc architectures.

You have to pay for Solaris 9.
false, and irrelevant anyway.

That's what my license says - and I paid for it. IP theft is never irrelevant.

not all the licenses for solaris 9 are the same. do your research first before you suggest I or anyone else is engaging in IP theft.

I'm using Sol 9 commercially. I'm not a student. I'm not exploring it for possible inclusion in my world. I'm using it in a business. Therefore I have to pay for it and I did. It's the law. If I had not I would be engaging in IP theft. I didn't say you were engaging in IP theft. There is no way I can determine that. What you understood in what I said is your responsibility - even if it is wrong.

dp