Hi Dennis,
Thanks for your quick responce.

> Some influential environment variables:
>    CC          C compiler command
>    CFLAGS      C compiler flags
>    LDFLAGS     linker flags, e.g. -L<lib dir> if you have libraries in a
>                nonstandard directory <lib dir>
>
> Pay particular attention to the LDFLAGS part.

i'm not familiar with LDFLAGS but googled it and tried the following:

$ setenv LDFLAGS -L/usr/home/USERNAME/bin/clam/lib
$ echo $LDFLAGS
-L/usr/home/USERNAME/bin/clam/lib

The  I ran
./configure --with-clamav --prefix=/usr/home/USERNAME/bin/php-clamavlib

and got:
configure: error: can not find sources in . or ..

It cant seem to find the source files, should I point it to the clamAV
source as I tried before?

Thanks,
KEvin