Ease of installation is valued by knowledgeable users also.

Yes, especially if they already know why it is working and how to fix it if something goes wrong.

But you want a drop-in solution so you don't need to know anything...how do you troubleshoot something when you don't know what it's doing in the first place?

Hmm, I wonder how many of the people who responded in one way or another is actually familiar with the package in question. I have been using Linux for a couple years now and have installed thousands of packages. In general, I have not had any problems navigating the package after it has been installed. Sure packages need configuration. Sure, time is well spent figuring out how to configure them. I would have been happy to use the package in question rather than compile from source, but after spending 30 minutes trying to get into the mindset of the packager so I could actually get clamav to function, I said f*** it.

Gary V

Stay in touch with old friends and meet new ones with Windows Live Spaces http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mkt=en-us