On 2009-02-28 18:08, McDonald, Dan wrote:
> From: Török Edwin
> On 2009-02-28 17:56, McDonald, Dan wrote:
>
>>> From: Török Edwin
>>>

>>> dlopen does look for .so files, if the .la are not found, but it is not
>>> finding it,
>>> since the code is looking for /usr/lib/libclamunrar_iface.so instead of
>>> /usr/lib/libclamunrar_iface.so.6
>>>
>>> when libclamav.so is opened, it is referenced as ...so.6
>>>
>>> previous packages called the iface library so.5, so I would assume the .6
>>> is required.
>>>
>>> Do you want me to open a bug on this?
>>>

>> /usr/lib/libclamunrar_iface.so should be a symlink to
>> /usr/lib/libclamunrar_iface.so.6 after you've run ldconfig, isn't it?
>>

> Nope:

Ok, then 'make install' creates it, I have the .so -> .so.6 link on my box.

Here's how dlopen works with libclamunrar:
 - it looks for libclamunrar_iface.la, if it finds it, it reads it and
learns it must look for libclamunrar_iface.so.6
 - if it doesn't, it looks for libclamunrar_iface.so

So you should either install the .la file, or make sure the .so link is
properly created.

Best regards,
--Edwin