aCaB escreveu:
> Edilmar LISTAS wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have used clamd for many years with Fedora, RedHat and CentOS.
>> And I have a updating script that always copy "clamd" init script file
>> for current version to init.d subdir.
>> This script always worked fine, but now in 0.95 this contrib file isn't
>> there.
>> I put the script from a previous version 0.93 and it worked fine.
>
> Hi Edilmar,
>
> We believe that init scripts are not our job. There are simply too many
> unices and distros and versions and configurations out there to be able
> to keep up with all of them.
> Package maintainers and sysadmins can usually do a much better job.
>
> Moreover many scripts were flawed, not very tunable and none of them got
> upgraded to the new milter...
> At some point people started complaining (search this very ML archives)
> and so they got removed.
>
> Incidentally the /contrib dir is never included in the tarball release.
>
> --aCaB
> Help us build a comprehensive ClamAV guide: visit http://wiki.clamav.net
> http://www.clamav.net/support/ml

OK, aCaB. I always install from tar.gz file. Then, I may suppose that
all next versions of tar.gz won't have this clamd script contrib, right?
Is there some place in Clamav site that I may search for new versions of
distro compatibility scripts? I would like to get these scripts in a
automatic way in my "clamavupd.sh" script, like I do today.