Edilmar LISTAS wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have used clamd for many years with Fedora, RedHat and CentOS.
> And I have a updating script that always copy "clamd" init script file
> for current version to init.d subdir.
> This script always worked fine, but now in 0.95 this contrib file isn't
> there.
> I put the script from a previous version 0.93 and it worked fine.
> Help us build a comprehensive ClamAV guide: visit http://wiki.clamav.net
> http://www.clamav.net/support/ml

Such scripts are rather easily constructed using a basic template:

----------------
#!/bin/sh
# set environment variables
# example:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/somewhere/over/the/rainbow:/usr/lib"
ClamdOptions="--this --that --whatever"

# To encourage anal behavior
unalias start
unalias stop
unalias restart

start()
{
        # do stuff to start the product
        /usr/sbin/clamd $ClamdOptions && \
        echo "clamd startup attempted"
}

stop()
{
        # do stuff to stop the product
        /usr/bin/pkill -x -u clamav clamd &&\
        echo "clamd shutdown attempted"
}

case "$1" in
start)
        start
        ;;
stop)
        stop
        ;;
restart)
        # don't restart it if we don't kill it successfully
        stop && start
        ;;
*)
        echo "Usage: blah [start|stop|restart]
        ;;
        exit
esac

exit

Additional lines of code can be added to verify the star or stop actually
happened but generally the above is often enough.

dp