2009/11/6 Török Edwin <edwinto...@gmail.com>:
> One of the build problems was an error when 'git' was not installed.
> Unfortunately all of the machines we test ClamAV on have git in $PATH
> (it is how it checks out the latest version).

I usually do software compilation/packaging on specially-prepared
chroot environment, which I can tune according to that software's
special needs. For most packages it's simply a new directory created
with "yum --installroot=... install ..."

Fedora has Mock, which does the similar thing.

> For the next release we'll setup a buildhost that doesn't have git
> installed.
> The other problem (missing include unistd.h) only occurs on old
> distributions, which we lack in our buildfarm.
>
> We're currently investigating the possibility of using the OpenSUSE
> build service to test the next ClamAV release on multiple Linux
> distributions, including many old ones:
> openSUSE 11.x, SLES/SLED 9/10/11, Fedora 10/11, RHEL 4/5, CentOS 5,
> Mandriva 2009, xUbuntu 6.06/8.04/8.10/9.04

My build host is actually just a Xen domU running RHEL4 64bit, with
chroot environments for RHEL4 and 5 32 and 64bit (which is what we
use). It saves the number of host and resources needed for testing.

For (open)Solaris, you could probably make use of branded zones which
can give you a Linux 2.4 (e.g. Centos3), Solaris 8, Solaris 9, and
Solaris 10/Opensolaris build environment.

--
Fajar