Quoting lists <li...@retrochoons.co.uk>:

Doesn't change a thing. If you threaten me with a course of action, if I
fail to do something that is blackmail. It's nothing else. It does not
matter if the product is free.

This is not the definition of blackmail, in common usage or in law in most
areas.

In common usage, it means:

Blackmail is the crime of threatening to reveal substantially true information about a person to the public, a family member, or associates unless a demand made upon the victim is met. This information is usually of an embarrassing, socially damaging, and/or incriminating nature. As the information is substantially true, the act of revealing the information may not be criminal in its own right nor amount to a civil law defamation; the crime is making demands in exchange for withholding it. [1]

In English law, which extends it to "menaces" and hence might cover this,
there are exceptions to blackmail which state:

... unless the person making it does so in the belief:
    (a) that he has reasonable grounds for making the demand; and
(b) that the use of the menaces is a proper means of reinforcing the demand.

And I'm sure the clamav folks thought they were being reasonable and using the
proper means, so there.

So, you are totally wrong calling this blackmail.

For instance, if I go to a shop and they give me a radio free. I take
that radio home and use it. If that shop then calls me up and says 'If
you don't change that radio, I'm going to break it' it is a case of
blackmail.

Nope, sorry.  It is not.  Maybe you mean Coercion?

Have a nice day :-)

Will do! :)

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackmail

--