I am using clamav on linux in the command line

When I use clamscan from the command line the log file does not show
timestamps

I have seen no option to turn timestamps on in log files

I'd like to get a timestamp especially for the "scanning" and "OK" log
lines.

I have seen that /etc/clamd.conf includes an option to display log times:
# Log time with each message.
# Default: no
LogTime yes

But turning this on has no effect on clamscan when it is run from the
command line.

At the moment my log file looks like this:

> clamscan --verbose /tmp/clamscan-franck-test/spots2_32521.zip

Scanning /tmp/clamscan-franck-test/spots2_32521.zip
/tmp/clamscan-franck-test/spots2_32521.zip: OK