On Thursday 06 December 2012 13:21:24 Bowie Bailey did opine:

> On 12/6/2012 11:25 AM, franckm wrote:
> > Bowie Bailey wrote:

Speaking of clamd.conf, I wonder if some of you might be editing the wrong
clamd.conf file?  I am not sure how it got to be, but according the the
launcher script in /etc/init.d. it is using /etc/clamav/clamd.conf, but I
have others also.

root@coyote:/etc/clamav# locate clamd.conf
/etc/clamd.conf
/etc/clamav/clamd.conf
/usr/etc/clamd.conf
/usr/local/etc/clamd.conf
/usr/share/doc/clamav-base/examples/clamd.conf
/usr/share/man/man5/clamd.conf.5.gz
/usr/src/clamav-0.97.5/docs/man/clamd.conf.5
/usr/src/clamav-0.97.5/docs/man/clamd.conf.5.in
/usr/src/clamav-0.97.5/etc/clamd.conf
/var/lib/ucf/cache/:etc:clamav:clamd.conf

The 9.5 in installed when it was obvious that ubuntu wasn't going to update
the 96.3 install 10.04.4 came with, but now they must have because clamd --
version says 97.6.

The src tree can be nuked, as can /etc/clamd.conf, /usr/etc/clamd.conf.
/usr/local/etc/clamd.conf.  It is much less confusing when you only have
_one_ clamd.conf, preferably located where the launcher in /etc/init.d says
it is.

The same situation vis-a-vis freshclam also exists, so I have been doing
some house cleaning.

> >> # Also log clean files. Useful in debugging but drastically increases
> >> the # log size.
> >> # Default: disabled
> >> #LogClean 1
> >
> > Thanks it works now but I am not getting the log line when a new file
> > is getting scanned. I only get the result (OK line)
> >
> > With clamscan in verbose mode I used to get:
> >> clamscan --verbose
> >> /tmp/clamscan-franck-test/clamscan-franck-testclamscan-man.txt
> >
> > Scanning
> > /tmp/clamscan-franck-test/clamscan-franck-testclamscan-man.txt
> > /tmp/clamscan-franck-test/clamscan-franck-testclamscan-man.txt: OK

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
If you keep anything long enough, you can throw it away.
I was taught to respect my elders, but its getting
harder and harder to find any...