Al Varnell wrote:

> On 12/6/12 3:05 AM, "franckm"  wrote:
>

>> I am using clamav on linux in the command line
>>
>> When I use clamscan from the command line the log file does not show
>> timestamps
>>
>> I have seen no option to turn timestamps on in log files
>>
>> I'd like to get a timestamp especially for the "scanning" and "OK" log
>> lines.
>>
>> I have seen that /etc/clamd.conf includes an option to display log times:
>> # Log time with each message.
>> # Default: no
>> LogTime yes
>>
> That is correct, so you should be using clamdscan instead of clamscan.
>

> -Al-
>
> --
> Al Varnell
> Mountain View, CA

With clamdscan, it still does not show timestamps (see below)

The default config (/etc/clamd.conf) is to no show  LogTimes. I have changed
that (LogTime yes). Is there anything I need to do after having changed the
clamd config?

releasemaster@svr-stage1:/tmp/clamscan-franck-test> clamdscan
clamscan-franck-testclamscan-man.txt
/tmp/clamscan-franck-test/clamscan-franck-testclamscan-man.txt: OK