On Thursday 06 December 2012 13:59:05 franckm did opine:

> TR Shaw wrote:
> > Linux, bsd unix and MacOSX all support directory/folder changed
> > actions.
> >
> > Tom
> >
> > On Dec 6, 2012, at 1:26 PM, Jari Fredriksson wrote:
> > Help us build a comprehensive ClamAV guide: visit
> > http://wiki.clamav.net http://www.clamav.net/support/ml
>
> Excuse me I'm not sure i understand.
>
> Does it mean it's possible.

Yes.

> If it's possible how can i set this up?

A bash script, launching the inotifytools utility inotifywait, can watch
that mail spool directory, and takes action according the the name of the
file just modified which is returned by inotifywait.  I do that to tell
kmail over the dbus facility to go get the local mail when procmail has
written to the /var/spool/mail directory, only IF the file being modified
has a name that matches the 2 possible incoming names.  But because I use
procmail as fetchmail's MTA, a detected virus never gets to those
filenames, ergo kmail doesn't have to deal with that.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
I'm not denyin' the women are foolish: God Almighty made 'em to match the
men.
                -- George Eliot
I was taught to respect my elders, but its getting
harder and harder to find any...