On Thursday 06 December 2012 13:45:09 franckm did opine:

> Is it possible to have clamd (clamav deamon) watch a specific folder
> (and only that one) and automatically scan the files as they are
> dropped into it?

You can do better than that if you're a procmail user.  Scan it before its
dropped.  Here is the procmail recipe:
-------------------------------
# Scan for viruses
:0cW
|clamdscan --no-summary --stdout -
CLAMAV_CODE=$?

:0
* $CLAMAV_CODE ?? 1
$VIRIBOX

Define $VIRIBOX wherever, it will be a mailfile formatted file you must
create because it can only be appended, not created.  You may also have to
add clamav to the group procmail runs as.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.
I was taught to respect my elders, but its getting
harder and harder to find any...