I restarted the little computer and will let it run until it either boots or
it's tomorrow
It shouldn't take any longer than overnight should it?

On Fri, 5/2/14, Scott Kitterman <ubu...@kitterman.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [clamav-users] clamav stops boot
 To: clamav-users@lists.clamav.net
 Date: Friday, May 2, 2014, 10:34 AM

 On Friday, May 02, 2014 08:18:34 Greg
 Mueller wrote:
 > I just got a new/used computer. It has Debian on it and
 was booting fine.
 > But now when it starts to boot it gets this
 message.....

 > This Version of the clamavb engine is outdated
 > Don't Panic Read http://www.clamav.nrt/support/faq

 > I have let it sit there thinking it might be updating
 or running a check or
 > something, but it will not go past this point.
 >
 > Is there a combination of keystrokes or some action
 which will get me past
 > this?
 >
 > This is my first use of Debian so I am not having easy
 time as it is.

 There's nothing in the Debian boot process that would care
 about this warning.
 On some systems it can take a long time for the clamav
 daemon to start,
 particularly since it has to load in all the
 signatures.  It may be that it's
 still starting and you just haven't waited long
 enough.

 All supported Debian releases have the current version of
 clamav available, so
 it may be an older one that should be upgraded/replaced
 anyway.

 Scott K