 Subject: Re: [clamav-users] clamav stops boot
 To: clamav-users@lists.clamav.net
 Date: Friday, May 2, 2014, 9:25 AM

 On 5/2/2014 12:16 PM, Greg Mueller
 wrote:
 > I can't get to anything yet.
 > It won't go past the out of date adviso

 It has to be something else causing the hang.  That
 notice is just a warning message and should not affect the
 boot process.

 Have you tried booting into single user mode?  I don't
 know offhand how to do that with Debian, but if you can get
 that far, you can check the log files and see if you can
 find any error messages indicating what is actually stopping
 the boot process.  If you can get there, you could also
 try disabling ClamAV to see if it helps.

 If you can't get to single user mode, then you could
 download and burn a Debian (or other Linux) live cd and boot
 from that.  Once you have that running, you can mount
 the partitions from the hard drive and try to find the
 problem.

 -- Bowie