On 8/7/2015 9:20 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Friday 07 August 2015 04:46:31 Steve Basford wrote:

Just in case it's useful...

---------------------------- Original Message
---------------------------- Subject: [sanesecurity] Hacking Team
detection
From:    "Steve Basford" <steveb_cla...@sanesecurity.com>
Date:    Fri, August 7, 2015 9:43 am
To:      sanesecurity_annou...@freelists.org
Cc:      sanesecur...@freelists.org
----

Rook Security (www.rooksecurity.com) have analysed the recent Hacking
Team data dump (400GB) and produced a utility to scan systems for
these files.

Sanesecuriy have converted their analysis into 435 hashes into ClamAV
database format.

With Rook Security’s permission, I’ve placed a new database:

hackingteam.hsb

on the mirrors for distribution.

Note the hashes are for Windows, Linux and Mac OSx systems.

Steve:
Thank you, but for those of us who haven't played with our configuration
for quite a while as its been Just Working(TM) for a year or more, a
pointer to a URL showing how to incorporate this into the working
configs we have would be appropriate.

If you are already using some of Sanesecurity's signatures, take a look at the update scripts you are currently using and add hackingteam.hsb to the list of databases.

If not, take a look here for some scripts you can use to get the databases:
http://sanesecurity.com/usage/linux-scripts/

hackingteam.hsb is probably not in the config for those scripts yet, so you'll have to add it.

--
Bowie