SEE.  Didn’t do it right!

Stupid mail.app.

--
Joel Esler
Manager, Talos Group

On Feb 18, 2016, at 10:28 AM, Joel Esler (jesler)
<jes...@cisco.com<mailto:jes...@cisco.com>> wrote:

On Feb 18, 2016, at 4:01 AM, Mark Allan
<markjal...@gmail.com<mailto:markjal...@gmail.com><mailto:markjal...@gmail.com>>
 wrote:

On 17 Feb 2016, at 11:21 pm, Joel Esler (jesler)
<jes...@cisco.com<mailto:jes...@cisco.com><mailto:jes...@cisco.com>> wrote:

For my, I use Mail.app the majority of the time.  Apparently if I delete lines
and inline reply like I do in Thunderbird, Mail.app just tells me to eat dust
and unthreads the whole thing.  Guess I should file a bug with Apple.

That's strange. I use Mail.app as well, and as far as I'm aware, there's never
been a problem replying to emails and keeping the threading and quoted text.

If you change something and a chunk of text gets unquoted (or your reply gets
quoted accidentally) you can hit cmd-' to increase or cmd-opt-' to decrease the
quote level.

Mark

Bottom posting with Mail.app now.

Yeah, it’s how I did it that was the problem.  I tried to make the email nice
and neat, and Mail.app (prior to…  I’d say..  Yosemite?) dealt with how I did
it fine.  But ever since they did the rewrite  of the three pane/conversation
based layout, it doesn’t work correctly.

Oh well.