> Greetings
>
> Seems time to address this
> . . .
> 6. What happens if you mail to yourself something containing the
>>>
>>> That has proven difficult as every place I have an email client out in
>>> the great wilderness, has strict checking and blocks EICAR ...
>>
>> Can you not simply use your own mail server to send yourself mail??
>>

> Sending mail via the local postfix host bypasses spamassassin (spamd)
> and clamav (clamd/clamav-milter).
>
> It gets passed on virtually untouched.  Currently posted on postfix users
> list hoping for an answer. but maybe some one here knows what might be
> wrong with my postfix config?
>

>> 73,
>> Ged.
>>

> joe a

The clamd local scanning was resolved by setting up non_smptd_milter to
the same socket as smtpd_milter.  Simple, obvious.

/var/log/mail/ showed EICAR detected, but the received (locally sent) email
did not have a flag in the header to show that.

In any event, I now need to do something with, or to, the "infected" email,
which
could be a simple as adding something to the subject line.  However, how to do
that, or if it is even possible, is not obvious to me.

joe a.