Hi there,

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021, Joe Acquisto-j4 wrote:

As it happens Suse Leap 15.2 has clamAV and ClamAV-milter provided
as was suggested earlier.

I think I followed and have stuff running.  Working is another question.

A few simple checks:

1. Do you have the clamd daemon running?  Is its logging configured?

2. Can you get clamd to reply to a PING?  Here's my laptop talking to my
   clamd server, you might want to use a Unix socket, or IP 127.0.0.1
   and port 3310 depending on your configuration:

laptop3:~$ telnet 192.168.44.7 3313
Trying 192.168.44.7...
Connected to 192.168.44.7.
Escape character is '^]'.
PING
PONG
Connection closed by foreign host.
laptop3:~$

3. Can you scan things with the 'clamdscan' command?  Note the 'd' in
'clamdscan'.  Don't use 'clamscan', because that doesn't use clamd.

4. Is clamd logging anything?  If you've set up logging in clamd.conf
it should log things when you scan with clamdscan,

5. Anything interesting in the Postfix logs?  Can you increase the
   logging verbosity?

6. What happens if you mail to yourself something containing the
   EICAR test file?  Check all your log files as well as looking
   for mail headers etc.

7. Please also let us have the output of

clamconf -n

which with luck will be fewer than a hundred lines.

--

73,
Ged.