On Thursday 29 July 2021 18:38:52 Rick Cooper wrote:

> Gene Heskett via clamav-users wrote:

> >> Looking through the CMakeOptions.cmake file there only appears to
> >> be an entry for systemd, nothing for systemv.
> >> Just set the following flags to match the locations you currently
> >> use and the init script should work I think:
> >> -D CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX="(example /usr)"
> >> -D APP_CONFIG_DIRECTORY="(example /etc)"
> >>
> >> I built on a Centos 7 system and it did see systemd and install the
> >> .system file
> >
> > Should I do a cmake clean first?
> >
> > Thanks Rick.

> >> Help us build a comprehensive ClamAV guide:
> >> https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq
> >>
> >> http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett
>
> Just enter your build (not source) directory and do a rf -f that
> cleans up, hell I doubt that they have a clean target
> Just make sure the prefix and app config dir are what you want, if you
> want /usr/sbin instead of /usr/local/sbin then just /usr.

Well, I've screwed around with this for 3 days now, that's long enough.

First gotcha for debian people is cmake is not installed, and when
installed, it is NOT installed in a directory accessible to the user
with a default $PATH, so the first thing I have to do is give it the
full path to where its installed. And apparently there are no man pages,
strike two.

Second gotcha is cmake needs about 7 or so more bits installed that in 23
years of exclusively linux in this house I have never needed before just
to get thru the configure and build something. Strikes 3 thru 9 or 10

Third gotcha is that the default build puts it in /usr/local, a normal
occurrence for stuff built from tarballs, without building new stuff
for /etc/init.d that tells it where to find the executables NOW.
Depending on a 1/4 baked systemd on an older stretch install isn't doing
one a bit of good unless perchance you are rebooting.

Please let us know when this is actually installable and working when the
notes in INSTALL.md are followed. It is not ready for prime time now.

You can start by listing the dependencies AND the packages they are found
in, in INSTALL.md so we can install them without any excitement.

Thank you.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis