On Thu, 29 Jul 2021, Gene Heskett via clamav-users wrote:

Well, I've screwed around with this for 3 days now, that's long enough.

First gotcha for debian people is cmake is not installed, and when
installed, it is NOT installed in a directory accessible to the user
with a default $PATH, so the first thing I have to do is give it the
full path to where its installed. And apparently there are no man pages,
strike two.

Second gotcha is cmake needs about 7 or so more bits installed that in 23
years of exclusively linux in this house I have never needed before just
to get thru the configure and build something. Strikes 3 thru 9 or 10

Third gotcha is that the default build puts it in /usr/local, a normal
occurrence for stuff built from tarballs, without building new stuff
for /etc/init.d that tells it where to find the executables NOW.
Depending on a 1/4 baked systemd on an older stretch install isn't doing
one a bit of good unless perchance you are rebooting.

Now that we have the announcement of ClamAV 0.103 LTS, supported until August?September 2023, I think Stretch users should stay with ClamAV 0.103
rather than shifting to 104 and CMake.

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                                     Kendal, UK
                        and...@aitchison.me.uk