"Prasad, Ganesh C" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Congratulations on your work on Classpath. I wish you all success on
> completing a free replacement for the 1.1 and 1.2 libraries. I am a Java
> developer and look forward to using Classpath with Japhar and Guavac on a
> GNU/Linux platform.
>
> P.S. I am however, a bit puzzled that you have package names beginning with
> "gnu". Shouldn't that be "org.gnu" according to the Sun naming conventions?

To quote Aaron Renn from Dec of 1998... (btw I'll actually be putting
the archive up on the website this coming week finally...)

"The GNU project is using simply "gnu." not "org.gnu" for its pacakges.
Trying to unify some of the various GNU Java programs and library packages
availabe is one of the items on my infinite TODO list, but it probably won't
happen soon.  At least not if I'm the one that does it.  I want to
concentrate on Classpath first."

--
Brian Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>