Hi,

> -- Write an implementation of Swing.  This is a big job and should
>         probably be a separate, non-Classpath project that can be
shared
>         with Kaffe.  Please write to the mailing list if you are
interested
>         in helping with this.  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

I have started implementing the swing classes in my spare time in order
better understand them and to give something back to the open source
community.
For the last month that I have been working on it I have laid low during
the
apparent merging with the cygnus project.  Also, due to the size of the
project,
I admit that it may be better to start a separate project, but I'm
uncertain of
this at the moment.

Currently, I have the following status:
- All interfaces and exceptions in javax.swing heirarchy implemented
    (No brainer part to get started)
- javax.swing.event (implemented)
- javax.swing.undo (majority, couple unfinished methods)
- javax.accessibility (started)
   - since someone else has mentioned to be working on this, I will
       not continue.
- javax.swing.tree and javax.swing.table (started)
- javax.swing (started various utility classes)
- currently researching pluggable l&f architecture and
    implementing supporting classes.
- no documentation yet
- also working on javax.infobus on the side.

So, I'm very much at the beginning stages.  Just letting you know
that work is being done in this area.

Andrew Selkirk
[EMAIL PROTECTED]