Tom Tromey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> My understanding is that Paul is looking into this.  Paul, am I
> right?  His idea, which isn't listed, is to use wrapper classes to
> make it possible to write CNI code which is compiled by the C++
> compiler into JNI calls.

That's correct.  The wrapper classes should be finished within the
next 30 days or so.  I don't believe that there's a big rush to see
these classes finished.  Classpath isn't being used in a production
environment with JNI routines, so we should be able to continue the
migration to CNI, without worrying about the non-existence of the
wrapper classes.

The wrapper classes would be finished much sooner, but I have little
free time these days.  Until the middle of May, I have a research
paper, multiple end-of-semester projects, and exams to cope with.
Luckily, this is my last semester of school.