Anthony Green wrote:

On Tue, 2006-07-04 at 18:47 +0530, Hari Shreedharan wrote:
Hello,
Though i joined classpath mailing list sometime back,have not started
working until now.Plz. tell me which packages need work on,and i am
experienced in Java but not in writing libraries,so kindly tell me
which packages i should start working on.

Hi Hari - thanks for your help!

First, read this page:
http://developer.classpath.org/mediation/ClasspathOpenTasks

As you can see, there's still lots to do.  I expanded the "Sound"
section yesterday, so I would personally like to see more activity on
the sound providers, but really any project you feel comfortable with
would be great.
Hi Hari,

If you are interested in Swing, our javax.swing.* needs lots of refinement. A good place to start would be to run the Intel test suite and see if there are bugs you can fix (some are easy, some not so easy):

http://sourceware.org/ml/mauve-discuss/2006-q2/msg00012.html

Another useful task would be to try getting third party look-and-feels to work with our javax.swing implementation. In theory, they should work...in practice, I'm sure some tweaks to our implementation will be required.

Outside of Swing, it would be great if you/someone could try out iText (a PDF generation library) to see how well it works on GNU Classpath:

http://www.lowagie.com/iText/

Anyway, welcome aboard!

Regards,

Dave

P.S.  I'll put some notes about these on the wiki when I get a chance.