On Fri, 2006-07-14 at 22:06 +0900, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi Audrius,
> Ok! I am trying the CVS version, and it looks like some attributes for the
> html tags are not working yet. But it is still cool to be able to see it
> in action ;)  Is there a good starting point I can work from?
>                                                                     David Fu.

Hi David, This is great. There's all the work you could possibly want in
the HTML department :) Where to start depends entirely on your own
preferences, like what you're interested in, what you're familiar with
and what your personal style of hacking is.

You could start with some small unimplemented thing and fix that, or you
could grab a bug (there are lots to choose from in the text/HTML
department) and try to fix it. Or you could just take an arbitrary class
and just test it, debug it and complete it. (The swing.text and
swing.text.HTML stuff is still pretty immature code, so chances are
you'll find something to improve on in most classes.)

But to give a more concrete example, I implemented MinimalHTMLWriter a
while back, and tested it against the JDK, where it seems to work pretty
much as it's supposed to. It doesn't work right on Classpath though,
because of bugs in the AbstractWriter super-class. So you could fix
that class up, make sure it's all working the way it's supposed to be.

This shouldn't be so bad since you can use the MinimalHTMLWriter to
test it and be pretty sure that part works. (I can send you a demo
if you want)

/Sven