Hi Mark,
firecat runs on Kaffe 1.1.7(GNU Classpath 0.90) with no problems, except
for performance(I tried to use it for running sandbox.nihonsoft.org, but
it turned out to be too slow.). SableVM was ok, but due to changes in
firecat's classloading structure, it does not work anymore. I am planning
to get JamVM working for the next release(probably need to change the
startup script, and create some wrappers to make JamVM look like a JDK).

I will read the wiki and get back to you if I have any questions. Thanks ;)
                                                               David Fu.