On Thu, 2006-07-20 at 19:40 +0200, Clemens Eisserer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to try out Classpath-CVS to experiment a bit with Roman's
> great xawt-implementation.
> However in CVS there are no scripts like configure available, so I
> tried autoconf (thats usually what I type in if I don't find these
> file *lol*), however I get messages like this:
>
> configure.ac:40: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
>       If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
>       See the Autoconf documentation.
> configure.ac:56: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONDITIONAL

Hi Clemens,

I've found this bit in the INSTALL file, I hope it helps:

"------------------------------------------------------------------
Suggested Software
        GNU make ("gmake") is required for building Classpath.

        For any build environment involving native libraries, these
        new versions of autoconf, automake, and libtool are required
        if changes are made that require rebuilding configure,
Makefile.in,
        aclocal.m4, or config.h.in.

        - GNU autoconf 2.59+
        - GNU automake 1.9+
        - GNU libtool 1.5+

        When working from CVS you can run the above tools by executing
        ./autogen.sh in the source directory."

> I am completly undereducated when it comes down to the whole
> make/automake stuff, so yes I am ashamed because of this mail ;-)

No need to be. The (auto)make is there to help us get stuff done, it's
not the main feature of GNU Classpath. ;)

cheers,
dalibor topic