On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 09:37:43AM +0200, Clemens Eisserer wrote:
> Hello again :-/
>
> Well as far as I know to be able to "make dist" I guess I have to run
> the generated configure-script first, however it fails saying GConf2
> is missing.
> However I've GConf2 installed, I even updated it to 2.14 to make sure
> I use an up-to-date version and its installed in default location ...
> will gconf2 also be needed for my embedded build?!
>
> I don't understand, classpath-0.91 builds so nicely but CVS only
> causes problems to me.
> As far as i know gconf was not needed, the downloadable tarball just
> compiled without causing any problems.
>
> Any ideas what could be wrong?

You need the gconf development files installed.

Its maybe possible to live without gconf bt configureing with
--disable-gconf.

The gconf support was added after 0.91 release. Another change is the
current CVS depends on newer GTK which Maemo afaik doesnt have. You will
need to update GTK on Maemo (which is a pain if not impossible to do on
your own).

Cheers,
Michael
--