On 18/03/2008, Trevor Harmon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mar 17, 2008, at 3:24 AM, Andrew John Hughes wrote:
>
>  >> In that case, the classpath sources should have the old jikes stuff
>  >> stripped out. There are still references to jikes that lead users
>  >> like
>  >> myself to think that jikes is still supported. For instance, the
>  >> configure script still accepts the --with-jikes option.
>  >

> > This is not the case, at least not in 0.97:
>  >
>  > [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~/projects/classpath/classpath $ ./configure --help|
>  > grep jikes
>  > [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~/projects/classpath/classpath $
>  >
>  > If you've spotted other outdated references, let me know and they'll
>  > be removed.  I tried to get most of them but some may have been
>  > missed.
>

> Yeah, for some reason I was thinking that if configure doesn't give an
>  error if --with-jikes is specified, then that means it supports --with-
>  jikes. Perhaps it should give an error?

Maybe.  Ignoring it is standard autoconf behaviour.

>  As for remnants of jikes in the current version, the README file still
>  claims that jikes is supported. Also, there is still a build
>  dependency on jikes in classpath.spec. References to jikes should be
>  removed from the .info files and the Makefile, as well.

Looks like I need to do another trawl... thanks :)

--
Andrew :-)

Document Freedom Day - March 26th
http://documentfreedom.org

Support Free Java!
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath
http://openjdk.java.net

PGP Key: 94EFD9D8 (http://subkeys.pgp.net)
Fingerprint: F8EF F1EA 401E 2E60 15FA  7927 142C 2591 94EF D9D8